Book Recommendations

New Book Recommendation

 Although there are not a lot of comments being posted on Upbeat Book Talk as yet, the feedback I'm getting from other sources indicate this part of my blog is currently the most popular. Works for me! Sharing books that I've enjoyed only adds to the pleasure. 

                  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N36JK85/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding             


My favorite mystery of all time is currently on sale, e-book format, for 0.99 !! That is just too good not to be shared.
Josephine Tey is touted in mystery writers' circles as having written the best mystery of all time when she wrote Daughter In Time. I've read it: fascinating story. But I respectfully disagree. Brat Farrar wins first place in my book - excuse the pun. Any author who can pull off the premise of one man taking another's place, and make it a believable premise while weaving a unqiue story at the same time has created a masterpiece. With a backdrop of rural Britain a few years after WWII, and a charming lifestyle that doesn't exist anymore, this is one of a kind. 

Two more:

Finding Grace by Donna VanLiere               

                                                                     
              https://www.amazon.com/Finding-Grace-Story-About-Losing-ebook/dp/B002LA0AQG/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=finding+grace+by+Donna+VanLiere&qid=1563681645&s=digital-text&sr=1-1

Everyone has a story to tell. Thousands of women have had to overcome sexual abuse as a child. Every believer has a story to tell about their journey to discovering God's love is real, and recognizing His will and purposes in their life. Successful author Donna VanLiere puts her writing skills and her heart into sharing her own journey. She does a great job. 


The Twilight of Courage by Bodie and Brock Thoene              
                                                                                              


           https://www.amazon.com/s?k=the+twilight+of+courage&i=stripbooks&crid=29P

You haven't discovered this dynamic duo of Chrstian fiction yet? For about three decades they have been very prolific and very successful. They write great stories. For me some of their best work is The Zion Covenant and the Zion Chronicle series. But a reader can decide if Thoene's historical fiction is their thing by reading this book first. Any WWII historical fiction reading buff should take note. Most libraries will have a copy or be able to get one for you.

  

Comments

  1. I'd forgotten your recommendation of Brat Farrar. I still haven't read it, mostly because so many other people recommended the Daughter of Time one . . . and it bored me so silly that I did not finish it and had no desire to look for others.

    On your recommendation, I did read the Thoenes' WWII series and have re-read them, too.

    And, for what it's worth, I like all the topics you post, not just the book recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth a lot! Thank you for your thoughtful comments, and the book recommendations you've had.

      Delete
    2. I was scrolling through my Kindle library last night . . . and found that I had bought Brat Farrar on your recommendation some years ago. I have been reading some Golden Age mysteries and was looking for other forgotten gems from my library, and there it was.

      Delete
    3. You must share your take on it. I'm confident if you like Golden Age mysteries, this will be a treat for you. That's one thing about Josephine Tey, she had different styles. Daughter in Time was nothing like this read, in my opinion.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Post