Leaving Comments

 In the few weeks since this blog began I've come across a common problem ....It seems that many of my viewers and followers have not followed blogs before. And here I thought I was rather a rare breed when only a few years ago asking my husband,  "what's a blog?"  But let's face it, many of us are from a generation where even learning to use a computer was a major challenge, and learning to put a review up on Amazon a major accomplishment. 


For some of us who were past the best years of our learning curve by the time a home computer or the use of computers was mandatory in our working enviornment, it all came easily. We were naturals!

Not so with some of the rest of us. I admit to entering the computer age kicking and screaming, hanging on for dear life to my pen and pencil. But if you want to keep your job and have to learn clinical pathways to do that, you learn. If you want to have your books published, you learn. When your publisher talks you into putting up a blog, you learn. Maybe not very fast, but that's beside the point

The common problem? Some of the viewers of Upbeat Book Talk  don't know how to leave a comment. Here and there they've found other ways to let me know that. They write their comment,
push the publish button, and it doesn't happen. 



If this is you, don't be embarrased because as said, you aren't alone. But I love comments - this is supposed to be a talk place after all - so here is what you need to do if you're having problems:

1) Click the word comment which will give you a place to do that, and write it down.
2) Above your comment is a little arrow with the word google in front of it. Hit that arrow.
You must choose one of the 3 options there - this is always where the problem is. If you don't
have a google account or don't want to use it, you can simply leave your first name under Name/URL, or,
you can click anonymous, and leave no name or any name you want to. 
3) You may now have to put a check in the box that assures you aren't a robot.
4) Hit the publish button.
5) Your comment won't appear right then. It comes to me first. This is a safety feature to prevent
profanity, etc., by ne-er do wells who are only interested in causing havoc.  There is a sentence that will appear telling you that.

And even if you aren't interested in leaving a comment, I'm so glad you're enjoying the posts.
  

Comments

  1. Very helpful, MaryJo. Different blog platforms use slightly different mechanisms for posting comments, so even those who have followed another blog might not know exactly how to comment on yours.

    Those who want to know whether you or anyone else have replied to their comments might want to click the "Notify me" box at the lower left (opposite the "PUBLISH" button) to receive email alerts. If you do, you'll get an email at the address you've entered with the comment(s) and links to come back to that post. Or, you could just keep checking . . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good tips, Carole. You obviously know your way around the blog.

      Delete
  2. Leaving a comment is a bit confusing.Love the image. It is a good representation of how I have felt in the past with my computer problems. I quickly learned getting angry at an inanimate object has no affect. It was me with the problem. It rarely was the computer. I hope your instructions help you get more comments on your blog. 🧡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Linda! It has been a surprise how many people tell me they aren't familiar with the process, or can't figure it out.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Post