Book Recommendations

Book Recommendations

the Nazi Officer's Wife by Edith Han Beer with Susan Dworkin

To quote the Library Journal: "This book is destined to become one of the best Holocaust memoirs available.


I hesitated to read yet another book about WWII, be it fiction or fact. But the Library Journal has it right. Edith Han Beer's story is fascinating, and at the same time very different from the experiences of other Jewish women that have shared what they went through when caught in the web of Nazi occupied Europe.
Highly recommended.




 The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton

Morton has become a very successful novelist weaving stories of strong women caught up in past and present memories and events. By far my favorite and arguably her best is this one. If you guess the secret Laurel Nicolson's mother almost managed to take with her to the grave, you are more clever than  all ten members of the book club who joined me in reading it several years ago. And it isn't too often you can get everyone in your book club to all rate the same book as top notch.


 

 


Comments

  1. I had bought the first one, The Nazi Officer's Wife, although I have not yet read it. I'm going to move it up on my reading list. Thanks.
    I've not heard of the second one, but that is a strong recommendation. I once belonged to an online book club, and we never agreed about any book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Secret Keeper is my favorite of Kate Morton's books. It's a 5 star book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well there you are, Carole, another strong recommendation via Linda. On any other post about books, you can let us know what you thought about The Secret Keeper and the Nazi Officer's Wife.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Post