Fun Stuff

Generation Gap.

  At my house our e-mail in-box often has a forward sent on from others with an amusing take on everyday life. These often relate to aging or the way different generations percieve a thing. You probably get these too. There are also the nostalgic ones with a heading something like, "remember when", or "do you remember....".

Depending upon how these appeal to us we might in turn send them on to others who we think would appreciate them. 

Does the thought come to mind, "who thinks of these things?" 
I'm sharing a link here to a situation that would Never have occurred to my mind. This is hard?
Really? Well, guess so. 



This is a perfect example of how quickly technology is changing and it makes me feel better about myself. Maybe to a young observer I looked like a deunce trying to figure out the ins and outs of the tablet my son gave me for my birthday last year, but here is poetic justice!
  

Comments

  1. Our friends have told us about kids who were baffled by rotary phones. And, yes, it seems as simple to us as the tablets and apps do to them. A professor wrote in The Wall Street Journal last week about a lesson she has taught for years using the spiritual, "Go Down, Moses" . . . and won't be able to use again because her most recent students had never heard of Moses. Who isn't a dunce about some thing some time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's another example of my reply not coming up..... guess I'm still not completely
    savvy about running this blog either.
    What I said was not knowing who Moses is sounds more sobering and sad than not knowing how to use old technology. But it is certainly another very good example of the generation gap, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Post