Book Recommendations

 Three Book Recommendations 

Even though I haven't read any of them.....

     Three books have come to my attention in the past few days, two of them recommendations by one of you, and the other by a regular visitor to another blog that I often go to. Since both of the recommenders have proven themselves worthy of my attention when it comes to their reading choices, I've already downloaded the books myself, and feel it is only a minor risk to pass on these bargains to my readers. They are all presently marked down to a fraction of their usual asking price on Amazon.

Through Deep Waters by Sarah Sundin

     Yes, this is the beginning of another series that takes place in Britain at the beginning of the second world war. Yes, it is another mystery with a romantic twist - I'm only telling you what you can see for yourself. BUT this book has over 300 excellent reviews, and is currently marked down to .59.  You read correctly. We don't understand it either, but there it is. Plus I've got it first hand from a lover of books of that time period - and it's a guy, too - who says it's a good read. 

 

https://www.amazon.com/Through-Waters-Deep-Waves-Freedom-ebook/dp/B00QMSCM7I  

The Dancing Bear by Frances Faviell 

     Thank you Carole, for pointing out this intriguing possibility. Although this book is still up and coming with only about thirty reviews, they are very promising reviews indeed. And the background for this story is post WWII Berlin, which happens to be a very interesting chapter in European history, both tragic, fascinating, and sometimes uplifting. Currently priced at only .99, like me you might want to give it a try. 

 

https://www.amazon.com/Dancing-Bear-Frances-Faviell-ebook/dp/B01M12EH2E 

 Spotlight by Patricia Wentworth

     I've read several of Patricia Wentworth's mysteries, most notably several of her Miss Silver mysteries. But Carole drew my attention back to this author that made her name in the heyday of the British crime writer. She was very prolific, so if you like the more dated whodunits of a time now long gone, it is always worth your while to keep your eye out for bargains among Wentworth's books. They come up fairly regularly. Also priced right now at .99

 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NHL43HM/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1  

Comments

  1. Good morning, MaryJo.

    I got "The Dancing Bear" free, by checking Dean Street Press for its free book of the week. Sometimes, the website only links the U.K. editions . . . but I have found that searching for "Dean Street Press free Kindle book" at Amazon.com will sometimes reveal the U.S. offers. And you don't have to subscribe via email -- you can just go to either website weekly and check. Dean Street has republished a lot of "lost" Golden Age mysteries. So far, I've enjoyed everything I've read. I've also enjoyed the bargains, from free to no more than $1.99.

    With patience, you can collect all of Patricia Wentworth's mysteries, Miss Silver and others, on the cheap. Some are often on sale, some are rarely on sale, but eventually, you should see each title discounted to at least $1.99.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I received my cop of The Dancing Bear for free too, and it is listed that way today at
      the link provided above.
      Thank you for the great resource with Dean Street Press for good bargains.

      Delete
  2. Just a 'for your information' readers. When I put up this post yesterday I had trouble with the labels,
    which are always at the bottom of the page. It went bonkers on me, repeating itself over and over.
    After getting through that, one of my labels, Female Sleuth Mystery, never did post and I'm afraid
    to mess with it again.
    Blogger.com is a free service and generally very reliable. Plus eventually they have come through for all past issues I've had with posts. This may not be a problem at all next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Post