Blog Post

 The Future of Upbeat Book Talk

In an earlier post I shared that the service blogger.com provided to give subscribers e-mail notifications of new posts goes away this month. I asked you, my readers, to let me know if you would continue to come here if you no longer had a reminder there was a new blog post up to look at. 

     Several of you have gotten back to me, and several have admitted they will probably not check in regularly without a reminder. I took a preliminary step in seeking out if there was another service that would do the automatic e-mail notifications, but for a couple of reasons have not pursued that path.

     However, because of the feedback, I've decided to continue Upbeat Book Talk for at least a few more months and see how many viewers continue to show up. On my part, I'll make a commitment to put up a new post either Sunday or Monday on a regular basis. You can make a mental or written note to yourself to pull up the blog by Tuesday to see what new books I'm recommending or what bit of nonsense, memorabilia, or possible wisdom is being shared. 

     Let's see how it goes!  

And while you're here....

https://www.amazon.com/Masterpiece-Francine-Rivers/dp/1496407911 

     The Masterpiece is described as a "redemptive, character driven, contemporary Christian romance novel." How's that for a mouthful? 

      You may not be a big fan of contemporary Christian novels per say, or perhaps not a big fan of romance novels either. But you may want to make an exception for this one. Does 5,000 reviews, most of them 5 stars, tell you it might be worth your time?

     I've read several of River's books over the years. Her most popular book prior to this one and perhaps still to date, is Redeeming Love so if you decide to give The Masterpiece a go and enjoy it, you may want to consider the other.

     My favorite River's series and a stand alone book are not either of these. But The Masterpiece is a wonderful contemporary novel that shows the author's wonderful writing talent and style in weaving a fantastic story. In my opinion it fits the genre perfectly, but also audiences far beyond. 

Comments

  1. Well, you have tempted me. The price is more than I usually pay for an ebook, so I am off to see if the library has it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure hope the library is carrying it, but it is very possible because the book has done so well, and Rivers is a well established author.

      Delete
  2. I gave Masterpiece 5 stars. You have me wondering what is your favorite River's series and stand alone? Maybe this is a shoo-in to your next post? 🧡
    Off topic but want Carole and MaryJo to know I made bread in my bread machine yesterday and for the first time add 1 T of powered milk and was pleased with it improved texture -- soft and moister. Thanks for the tip. I have been making bread machine bread for years and never knew this. What a delight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole deserves all of the credit for sharing that great tip about improving bread texture. Thanks, Carole!
      My favorite Francine Rivers novels are The Lion in Winter series, and The Scarlet Thread.

      Delete
    2. I am always glad to pass along good culinary tips.

      Delete
  3. I just started a new "sign up" service at my blog. It took a few tries to get it working. I know a number of my readers really appreciate the blog showing up in their inbox, but once I reach over 100 subscribers I'll need a different solution. I'm about halfway there if everyone currently signed up stays signed up. Here's to success???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll drink my morning coffee to that! Thanks, Maria. If anyone here is curious, Maria's blog, Bear Mountain, is a fun visit into her world of living in rural southern New Mexico, complete with assisting with her dad's ranch, keeping a big garden, fixing up the old house they moved into several months ago, and her books. That's for starters! Never a dull moment
      in her life.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Post